Tuesday, May 17, 2016

Better Morning at the GOMH

A little bit later than yesterday's gold
15.5" Jerk Shad
Oops
5:00-7:30AM GOMH NE SW
Conditions: 36-45, Partly cloudy, calmish

I got out a little later than I should have.  I had been up since 2:30AM and hemmed and hawed because of the cool temperatures.  Lucky for the bullheads I forgot to grab the bucket to keep them in.  I was throwing way down the pipe when I had a fish pull on the Grass Pig, but not hook up.  So I switched to the Jerk Shad.    First fish of the morning was a 14" jumper  and then I had one get off, both were way down the pipe. Then I got the the gold bringing it along the close wall.  I decided that since they were all coming from the South end of the pipe to switch to the SW side.


Am I going to sit here and wait for the best shot or go to the SW side?
  I decided to go down to the SW side and fish.  I quickly picked up this fish.
15.25" Jerk Shad
I caught 2 more smaller one's, missed a couple and got a small toothy on the SW side. By the time I went back to the NE side the sun was up and clearing the clouds.  I didn't get any bites on topwater, so I went back to the SW side.  I tried topwater, but didn't get a hit.  I got a small toothy and then this nice jumper on the the Grass Pig.
17" Grass Pig
I had got a couple more on the Chigger Craw and a small one one the H2O LCR.

I did go to Bulldog but didn't get bit on the Chigger Craw, so I quickly left.

No comments: