Saturday, June 30, 2018

GOMH Skunk, Slow Morning/Better Action In the Evening

3.46lbs/18" Sprinker (Black/Purple/Blue)
5:10-5:40AM GOMH NE (Skunked)
6:30-10:30AM Green Cabin, NW Bay
Conditions: 54-78℉, Cloudy, Windy SW
2.91lbs Bobby's Perfect (Sparrow)
18-incher on the Sprinker
Panfish guy passed in front of me as I waited for a car to pass by so I could turn out of the driveway this morning.  I didn't get a thing at the GOMH and didn't stay long.  Panfish guy got a couple orange, a toothy, and a bullhead bullhead.  I emptied out the Trophy then took it West to Green Cabin Bay.  I missed the first three bites or so, then connected with the 17-incher.  Had a few not hook up on the Sprinker as I headed East along the southern shoreline in the reeds.  I tried the reeds off the end of the point, nothing.  NW bay was pretty dead except for the 18-incher which crushed the Sprinker.  Two bass in four-plus hours, not great fishing.  Can't complain about the size though, they were nice one's at least.

2 Bass
6 Pike
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2.51lbs/16.5" Bobby's Perfect (Sparrow)
7:30-9:30PM Channel Inn Bay, Chuck's Point
Conditions: 78-72℉, Partly Cloudy, 3-7 MPH SSW
Water Temp: 77℉

As I was pushing off Steve called me because he needed a hand up at the house.  I tied off to the pontoon and went up to help.  It took about 15 minutes and we were done.  I decided to try the northern portion of Channel INN Bay.  I had a good bass miss the frog out in the outer rice.  Had a couple small blow-ups up by the shore, probably little pike.  On my way over to the point, the trolling motor bracket broke leaving the trolling motor hanging on by one bracket mount.  The other bracket mount completely busted off.  The trolling motor still worked so all was good.  Didn't get a fish off of the point.  As I headed North I decided to make a quick stop at Chuck's Point to see if anything was happening.
13.25" Bobby's Perfect
 Fish were there and active, but small except for the one 16.5-incher.  I ended up with 7 bass before the skeeters drove me off.

13.42lbs for my Best 6 Today
7 Bass
3 Pike

No comments: