Tuesday, June 26, 2018

GOMH Morning/ One Bass Evening

16.33" Rippin Rap
4:45-5:45AM GOMH NE
Conditions: 64℉, Cloudy, Light NE Wind
Water Level up just a bit more
1st Cast 15-incher Rippin Rap
I got a 15-inch jumper on my very first cast this morning.  I got 5 jumpers total on the NE side.  Some lady showed up at about 5:20.  I just figured whoever was fishing on the South side was on the SW and loaded up the car at 5:40.  That is when I discovered the lady was on the SE side.  I elected not to try the SW side.   As I was making my way to the lake place it started sprinkling.  As I was getting the boat ready the sprinkles turned into a light rain.  I chose to pack up and leave.
--------------------------------------------------------
6:30-9:40PM Across from Platte Access, The Juice
Conditions: mid 60's, cloudy, light NE wind
Water Temp: 70-68℉

I started out in the reeds on the point.  There is a good combination of thin and thick.  I tried using the Lunkerhunt Propfish Shads.  Wasn't impressed.  I switched to the Sprinker and got 3 quick bites, but didn't get to see what one of them was.  I ended up getting 3 pike and a 13.75 bass on the Sprinker there in the reeds.  I then worked my way toward the bullrushes.  No clue what the bass were doing.  Didn't raise even one.  Got 4 pike on Big Sexy Maxx.  At 8:45 I pulled the plug and headed for the Juice.  I missed two bites there on Maxx and one on the Sprinker as I was coming out.  Fish left me befuddled tonight.  I thought with the overcast the bass would be going, they obviously weren't.

No comments: