Saturday, June 16, 2018

Evening Trip With Todd Under A Dark Sky

4.29lbs/19" Terminator Frog (Frog)
7:45-9:20PM Reeds Across the Way
Conditions: 78-74℉, Mostly to Cloudy some light rain and very dark clouds, Wind ESE 10mph to practically calm at the end of the trip.
Water Temp 72℉
Todd gets a fish on the first cast.
What that the weather and East wind might do had me wanting no part of it, so I went to the reeds across the way.  Turns out it was a really good choice.  Todd backlashed on his first cast.  He was picking it out when the pike crushed his frog.  Todd got another little pike over by the cane.  I cast out toward a line of thicker reeds when the big girl crushed by Terminator.  A few minutes later I had a similar sized fish hit me.  About halfway back it got stuck on a reed for a few seconds, then came loose swimming at me a hundred miles an hour.  I caught up to the fish only to have it jump and spit the frog right in front of me. Bummer to lose that fish so close to getting it in.  Todd and I then proceeded to miss about two more bites a piece in this same general area.  The old muskrat I met yesterday came by for a bit.  I got a 13.5" in the muskrats area.
15.25" Terminator Frog (Yellow)
  Todd finally put a bass in the boat as I was scooting us towards the South reed bed.  The sky got really dark just before 9'o clock. A sprinkled for a bit. I caught a 16.5".  We then had about a minute lull.

3.61lbs/18.25" Terminator Frog (Yellow) 
   Todd then caught two fish then we had to go in due to lightning at about 9:20.
15.25lbs Not to bad for 6 Best in an hour and a half
6 Bass Total 3 a piece
8 Pike Total 4 a piece

No comments: