Saturday, June 09, 2018

GOMH, By Myself In The Trophy, With Todd Evening

2.97lb/17.25" Terminator (Yellow)

18" Rippin Rap (Helsinki Shad)
5:00-6:30AM GOMH NE SW
Conditions: 58-63℉, Cloudy, ESE light wind

Surprisingly I was the only person at the GOMH this morning.  The golden choked the Rippin Rap on the second cast.  I also caught  21-inch toothy on the RR, lost a couple quickly after hooking up, and had a couple of bites that didn't hook up.  I got an 11" and 15.5" jumper casting out on a BPS Speed Shad/Outcast Swim Jig Head.  I also got a dink and a couple that didn't hook up on the black Shower Blows knockoff.  On the SW side, I got another dink on the SBKO, a couple on the Poison, and one dink on black/blue craw tube.  I also got a 22.25 toothy on the FishingSir Vixen knockoff.  Both of the fish I got on the Rippin Rap were hooked in the gills, so I took a trip home to get the fish refrigerated.  I also had to switch vehicles so I wasn't on the water again until 7:30.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
15.75" Mad Maxx (Bluegrass)
7:30AM-Noon: West Point, SPSI, Rice East of GOMH
Conditions: 65-70℉, Mostly Cloudy, ESE Wind 3-10MPH
Water Temp: 68-69

I hit up West Point to start and got a dink on the Dinger.  I then went to SPSI.  Nothing was off the tip, but on the weed flat to the west there was baitfish activity.  I got a 14.75" on the Hexa Chinooki which the fish blasted.  That was the only fish I got to rise for a topwater until I got to the rice.  On about my 5th cast to the inside weed edge, 15.5" bass blasted Mad Maxx.  I thought it was going to be AWWWWWWWN, but it was more like slow and steady.  I'd pick have a blow up every 10-15 minutes catching about a third of them.  The one in the picture was a fish that blew up about two good cast lengths away.  I quickly raced towards it on the troller and it blasted Maxx straightaway.  I got 8 bass and 3 pike in the rice East of GOMH.
Tragedy Averted 
I had a pike blow up on Maxx and instantly cut the line.  I didn't have the trolling motor in the water at the time.  I was extremely lucky to get the bluegrass Maxx back.  I'm not sure if I have any left or not.  Shortly after that, I went to try Channel Inn Bay, but as I started my drift Todd called me to come help with the pontoon boat lift, which they were putting in the water.  I had a picture, but the file was fubar.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
16" Terminator Frog
8:00-10:00PM Starting Spot to Double Cane Point
Conditions: 70's, Partly Cloudy, ENE Wind 5-10MPH
Water Temp: 69℉

Steve had other stuff to do so it was just Todd and me tonight.  I decided to head North rather than South.  Todd made that decision seem ingenious when he quickly landed the 3lber.  The biggest bass f the day.  But it was a struggle for a while as the fish didn't seem to be in the rice like I thought they would be.  We picked off a fish here and there and ended up with it being a pretty good night, just no big fish.  Todd got 6 Bass and 1 Pike and I got 5 Bass 2 Pike, we also missed some fish of coarse.
6 Best Bass for the day
For the Day
28 Bass
10 Pike
1 Gold   

No comments: