Sunday, June 10, 2018

I Sucked Then The Fishing Did

Evening Sky Because I Thought, Well
6:00-9:40PM South Corner Inlet Bay, Starting Spot to Double Cane, East of GOMH
10:30-11:00 GOMH NE
Conditions: 72℉, Cloudy then Sun, ESE Wind
Water Temp: 68-70℉

I got up to the lake place around 3:30PM and took Mal and Sophia tubing till about 4:30.  They left around 5:30.  Steve was putting in a new countertop, so it was just me tonight.  I decided to stop in the SE corner of Inlet Bay to start.  I was quickly rewarded with a 15" bass in the reeds on a Terminator Frog after anchoring for the first time.  I anchored again and lost a fish or two. I anchored again and missed a couple and got 15", which would be the last bass I would land for the whole fricking evening. I anchored again and got a pike and had a 15/16-incher jump me off in the reeds right by the boat. I also missed a hit or two in the reeds.  I anchored again and lost a good one in the slop as well as getting a pike or two.  I anchored again losing 14 or so 3/4 of the way in the reeds when it jumped me off.  I also got a pike.  Anchored again got a pike and the sun came out.  It was now after 7:30 and I decided to drift.  I missed 3 good hits on the Toadrunner.

At 8PM I headed over to the starting spot.  Not much was going on there except for a couple of pike.  At 8:40 I bailed for the rice East of GOMH.  Nothing was going on there either except for a couple of pike trying to steal my Mad Maxx.  When the sun came out the bass just shut down

The Trip to the GOMH was a bust, not even a hit.

No comments: