Wednesday, June 13, 2018

Huh???

That's it 4 Bass in 5 Plus Hours On the Lake
I didn't weigh this 13.5" because I would catch bigger bullheads, not.
I went into the day thinking I had a handle on what the fish were up to, not.  It got into the high 40's overnight and it really shut them down.  I only got the one jumper at the GOMH and lost my last Helsinki Shad to a snag on the far side down in the tube.  The panfish fisherman was on the S side so I bailed to try in the boat.  I wasted a bunch of time getting nothing on West Point.  I then headed to the docks just west of F Flat moving East to F Flat.  I missed a couple of bites on the docks.  I was lucky to land my first bass in the Trophy.  It lit up Maxx when I wasn't paying attention along the rice on F Flat.
2.75lbs/16.75" Terminator Jig (B/R) Craw Fatty (b/b)
I got the one decent bite on a dock and I had a 12ish fish get off as I was boat flipping it.  The cabbage looks excellent on F Flat but wasn't holding fish this morning that I could tell.  I briefly hit "the dock" East of Jenny's and didn't get a thing.  This trip was from 7 to 9AM.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Evening Trip no pictures were taken.

7:30-9:55PM
7:30-8:45 Fishing with Steve to Jenny's
9:00-9:25 Chuck's Point
9:30-9:55 The Juice

So I got out later than I should have.  When I arrived Steve was fishing off the pontoon.  As I was bringing my tackle bags down Steve hooked up with a good bass over by Sherman's.  As he went to lift up out of the water it came off.  It was a 15ish size fish.  He also had a pretty good pike break him off earlier over by Sherman's.  Since my plan was to fish the slop to Jenny's to start Steve came with.  Our execution was terrible on the bites we did get.  Steve missed 3 or 4 and I missed 4 or 5 getting one small bass and one small pike on Maxx.  I dilly-dallied way too long over by Jenny's. When I got to Chuck's Point I missed a good hit right away on the Toadrunner. Not sure if it was a pike or a bass.  I tried the craw tube for a little bit but didn't have any takers. I missed what was probably a pike up by the shore.  I decided to make a move to the Juice.  I got a 12 dink and that was it.  So much for me having a handle on the fish.   

No comments: