Monday, June 04, 2018

Fishing With Steve/Gold at GOMH

As we headed in
7:00-9:30PM Across from Platte Access, Starting Spot
Conditions: 80-70℉, Partly Cloudy, Windy NW N NE
Water Temp: 68℉
14.75" Bobby's Perfect (Sparrow)
I was hoping to be on the water by 6PM tonight, but there were complications.  We were off by 7PM.  First spot was across from the access where we did well last week.  Mike B. was over in the cane, so I started to the West.  A little farther to the West than I realized.  The wind wasn't diminishing as forecast.  I got to a spot that just had to have fish and I put the anchor down.  Sure enough, Steve got a fish and then I got one. This was at about 7:25PM.
16" Terminator Frog (Hot Mud Camo)
We both missed a couple of fish and the wind increased out of the NE, so at about 7:50 I headed to the NE corner.  Steve missed a couple of bites right away, a positive sign.  The last couple of times I was at the starting spot bites were tough to come by. I had a fish miss the frog, but got the 15" with a Dinger.  Then the bite was AWWWWWWWWN.  I landed 6 and Steve landed 3 including one double hook up.  No hawgs, but we had fun.  Steve missed twice as many as he caught.  I only missed a couple of fish for the night.  The first time this year where my landing % with a frog was north of 50%.  The Sparrow Bobby's Perfect did the damage for both of us. No toads were caught or even hit tonight to my knowledge.
16.25" Bobby's Perfect (Sparrow)

Best 6 Bass Tonight
8 Bass for me
4 Bass for Steve
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
18" Rippin' Rap (Sexy Shad)
10:50-11:35PM GOMH NE
Conditions: 70℉, East Wind
16.5" Rippin' Rap (Sexy Shad)
Seeing as how I didn't get out fishing at all yesterday, I wasn't fished out for the day just yet.  The skeeters haven't been bad this year at all.  I headed to the GOMH to do a little gold mining.  It wasn't going well, but then there was some noise in the tube and I think I missed a bite on the Jerk Shad.  I put on the Sexy Shad Rippin' Rap as my last lure of the night.  I got the 16.5" first. Because Steve said he wanted to clean and eat a walleye I kept it.  I got the 18 incher a few minutes later.  Right after I took the picture the golden flopped and it's gill plate cut the back of my left pinkie finger.  Unfortunately, my self-sticking gauze was in my bag at the cabin because I plan on fishing with Todd in the morning.  I couldn't fish effectively with  that bleeding pinkie so I called it a night.

2 Gold   

No comments: