Sunday, July 01, 2018

Short Trip With Pete Tonight

15.5" Bobby's Perfect (Sparrow)
7:50-9:25PM NW Bay, Loon Sex Bay
conditions: Low 70's, Mostly Sunny, Light SSW Wind

Pete finally made his way North today.  He was supposed to get here on Thursday night.  When I arrived at the lake place the Trophy hadn't been pumped out, so doing that took some time.  Steve and Kim who had been out on the lake in the pontoon showed up.  Steve apologized for not pumping out the Trophy, which was appreciated but not necessary.  I should have just asked Pete where he wanted to fish.  I took us to the NW bay and Pete got ants in his pants as per usual when we aren't catching fish on a spot where I take him.  As we were headed out to the deep reed edge I got a 12-inch bass on the Sprinker and had the tail bitten off by a pike.  Pete thought we should play the wind but then wasn't happy with the boat speed as I went to move us.  So we stopped to fish the outer reed edge again, but it's total wuss weed in that location.  We then went to the reed bed off of Chuck's Point.  Didn't get anything there in 10 minutes, so we were gone to Loon Sex Bay.  We made our way in along Don's Point and Pete had what I'm pretty sure was a pike miss his frog.  I got the 15.5" off of the initial rice point on the Sparrow Bobby's Perfect.  I got two more small bass on the Bobby's Perfect as we made our way East.  Pete missed a couple good blow-ups.  I caught a small slimer over by LSP on Bobby's and that was it for the action.  Not that bad of a trip all things considered, except for Pete getting skunked.
5.22lbs for 4 Bass
 

No comments: