Thursday, June 14, 2018

Not Much Tonight Either

2.99lbs/17.5" Mad Maxx (Bluegrass)
6:00-6:45PM East of Jenny's
Rain Delay
8:00-9:20PM Some of Don's Docks and Rice East of GOMH
Conditions: 77-70℉, Cloudy to Partly Cloudy light rain during the delay,  Wind from calm to 30 MPH during the delay.
 Water Temp: 70℉
Took a picture of this dock fish in case I didn't get another
The plan was to hit Don' Docks then proceed to LSP and then the Rice East of GOMH.  I made a last-second decision to try the dock East of Jenny's as the sky's to the West looked pretty dark.  I had a couple of pike takes shots at Maxx in the rice.  I worked my way out on the cabbage point and had one really good pick up, but screwed the hook set.  I had trolling motor issues I needed to deal with, so I headed in as the rain approached.  There wasn't any lightning, but the wind really kicked up for a while. I was able to get the trolling motor issues dealt with for the time being.

After the rain stopped and the wind calmed down a bit I headed out again.  I blew a few chances on the docks, but they were mostly empty.  I did get the one dink, which I didn't weigh.  First fish in the rice was a pike.  I then got the 3lber and a 14.5-incher on Maxx and a few pike, but it was really slow.  As it was getting dark I missed a good fish on Maxx.  That really discouraged me and I stopped fishing at 9:20 because the wind was blowing SSE and taking me right out of the rice.
   Hopefully, the forecast warmer weather the fishing will pick back up again soon.

No comments: