Friday, June 29, 2018

Short Trip Tonight With Steve

2.42lb/15.75 Bobby's Perfect (Sparrow)
8:00-9:30PM Double Cane Point
Conditions: 87-84℉, Mostly Cloudy, Calm to Light SE Wind
Water Temp: 77℉
Steve relieved to get a bass.
When I got to the lake place tonight a friend of Steve's family car was blocking the driveway, so I had to walk down to the lake to get the keys.  It was very warm tonight with dew points in the 70's.  Steve wanted to come along tonight. We headed over to Double Cane Point where I was fairly confident there would be some fish.  After the first 15 minutes and not a hit I was beginning to wonder, but then Steve missed a blowup.  Steve missed a couple more and had a dogfish follow.  I switched to a yellow Terminator Frog and caught a 12.5" on it. Steve missed a couple more blow ups and hits on a Dinger.  We moved on the other side of the point and Steve finally got a fish in the boat.  Then he caught his big one on the very next cast.  I worked us a little to the East, then started back toward the point when I got my big one of the night.
3.02lbs/17.75" 
  I think Steve missed a couple more and I had what was probably a pike follow.
4 bass tonight

No comments: