Sunday, June 17, 2018

GOMH Gold, Todd Trip, Evening Quicky GOMH/Inlet

4.40lbs/27" Grass Pig (GP)
5:45-6:05 GOMH NE SW
7:30-9:30AM Fishing With Todd in the Reeds Across the Way
Conditions: 68-76℉, Cloudy, ENE E ESE calm to 8MPH
Water Temp: 72℉ water level rising from storms last night.
Listening in the car to Drowning Man by U2.  I should have taken a pic of the radio display in the car.

What it looked like when the song ended
18.5" Jerk Shad (Crackle)
At the GOMH no bites on 3 separate Rippin Raps and the Shad Shallow.  Almost didn't put the Jerk Shad on, but  thought what the heck and I got the gold on the third cast.  I also got a dink pike.  I got a couple of jumpers (14.5, 13.5) on the SW side on the Gunfish 117 and a 13.25" jumper on the Vet Chatterjig.  I lost a fish on the craw tube just as Wheel House Guy was pulling up.  I decided it was time for me to head for the Trophy, so I started getting my gear together.  I talked to WHG for a minute or two then left.
I had to get water pumped out of the boat.  We got over an inch last night.  We headed to where we fished last night because a storm could pop up any moment and the way the wind was blowing.  It was small gators to start.  I got a small bass on my Terminator Frog, but a half hour in and just that to show for it.  It was clear topwater wasn't the deal.  I put on a bubblegum Grass Pig, nothing;  I put on a green pumpkin one and got a 15.5" bass on my first cast.  I got one rigged up for Todd and that is what we did for most of the rest of the time.
Todd said to make it look as big as possible
13" Grass Pig (GP)
I got the one good pike, a dink bass and had something bury me in the reeds.  Todd caught the one bass and an anorexic small pike that got off before I could get a picture of it.  We missed several bites right at the end of the trip.  I elected to work on tackle rather than go back out even though conditions seemed to be getting favorable for a topwater bite.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
17" eBay Vet Chatterjig/Swim Fluke Jr. (Grey/Blue/Black/GP)
8:30-9:30PM GOMH NE SW, Culvert, Inlet
Conditions: 72℉, Partly Cloudy, Light NW Wind
Water levels on the rise from the 2" plus rain we got last night and this afternoon.

I had to go and get my rods which I left in the Trophy and also pump out the boat and get the battery on the charger. When that was done I headed over to the GOMH.  I got a 15.5" jumper on my second cast into the tube with the Vet Chatterjig and thought it might be AWWWWWWWWN! but it wasn't.  I got one other 12-incher on the SW side.  I then headed to the culvert, nothing.  I got "One Eye Willy" at the Inlet as it was getting dark and the skeeters started swarming, so I was done after freeing Willy.
With Pike included

Best 6 Bass of the Day

No comments: