Thursday, June 28, 2018

Calm Morning No GOMH, Docks in the Evening As Well

7:30-11:00AM Reeds Across, F Flat Docks
Conditions: 64-74℉, Sunny, Calm to 7mph SSW
Water Temp: 70-72℉
2.40lb Terminator Jig Craw Fatty (Black/Red)
So started in the reeds across the way.  I got a small pike on the War Eagle Buzz Toad.  I missed several blowups that buried me in the reeds as well as getting a couple of pike on the Sprinker.  Finally, I gave up in the reeds and headed to the docks.  I got 8 bass doing that, but no size to speak of.
15.75" Vet ChatterJig
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
15.5" Terminator Jig/Fight'n Frog (B/R/WR)
  7:30-9:30PM Docks Across, Rice East of GOMH
Conditions: 80-74℉, Mostly Sunny, 3-15MPH
Water Temp: 74℉

It was blowing pretty good when I arrived out of the ENE.  I got a bass right away at the first dock on the Vet Chatterjig.  I then went on to catch a couple small bass and pike.  I dumped a couple ok size bass as well, before landing the 15.5" on "The Dock".  I had just dumped it's twin sister a few casts previous.  The wind calmed down and I headed for the rice East of GOMH to see if the warming water headed the fishing up.  Other than a few pike and one ? blow up the move was a bust.
11.19lbs Best 6 Bass for the Day
For the Day:
12 Bass
12 Pike

No comments: