Friday, June 22, 2018

GOMH, Sullivan, & Fishing With Steve & Friend




10.5" Shower Blows 105 (Bone)
4:45-5:45 GOMH NE
6:30-10:00AM Intersection, River Sullivan Lake
Conditions: 54-72℉, Partly Cloudy, Calm to light NE Wind
Water Temp: 70℉
3.90lbs/18.75 Terminator Frog
I started out the morning at the GOMH.  Skeeters were bad.  Panfish guy arrived before 5AM.  I lost a good jumper in the tube when it jumped off the Jerk Shad.  I got the one small jumper on the shower Blows and another dink in the tube on a junebug craw tube.

In the Trophy I stopped at SPSI and didn't get a hit.  Next, I went to the NE point of the intersection in Sullivan.  I had what I believe was a pike miss the Plopper 110 on my first cast.  I switched to the Terminator Frog throwing into the rice/reeds and got the 18-incher on my second cast.  I also got 15.75" off of the NE point.  I got a 14.5" as I worked the SW side with a Terminator and 13.3" 12.25" on the Bluegrass Maxx.  I switched up to Big Sexy at the river and got 5 bass there and a couple pike.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Kevin with his first pike

22" Poison/Swim Fluke Jr.

3.10lbs/18" Mad Maxx (Big Sexy)
 7:00-10:00PM Jenny's to our place, Reeds Across
Conditions: 78-72℉, Partly Cloudy, Calm
Water Temp: 72℉

I took Steve and his friend Kevin out for a short trip.  The bass were not hitting in the rice, so we went out off the pad point and got into some pike.  We then went back to the rice and I got the 18-incher just as I was telling Kevin I hadn't gotten a bass in the area in a couple of years.  I also got a 14.5 over towards the lake place.  After I dropped the two of them off I went to the reeds across the way.  I got a 15.75" on the green Terminator Frog and a 15.5" on a brown Terminator Jig/Craw Fatty.


15.16lbs for 6 Biggest for the Day

No comments: