Monday, June 18, 2018

OK Night In The Trophy

3.17lbs/17.33" Mad Maxx (Bluegrass)
6:25-9:35PM NE Corner Inlet Bay to Double Cane Point
10:30-11:00PM GOMH NE
Conditions: 78-70℉, Partly Cloudy, ENE ESE E 7 to calm
Water Temp: 73-70℉
Water Level: Rising, It's over the lowest point on my standing rock.
3.30lbs/18.5" Mad Maxx (Bluegrass) 
I started out beyond the reeds in the pads in the NE Corner.  I had a decent 22-24ish pike jump all over the Toad Runner on my first cast.  I didn't set the hook.  It held onto it for quite a while before finally spitting it.  As I got over by the reeds I had a big dogfish follow the Toad Runner all the way to the boat then spook, unfortunately.  I got a couple small pike as I worked my way toward the Starting Spot.  Almost the whole first hour and 20 minutes or so was a waste.  I should have either started at Double Cane or the western edge of the rice/reeds; That was where I got all of my fish tonight.  I started things off with a 16.5" then got the 17.33" chunky monkey on Maxx.  I then got 3 smaller bass and lost a good one in the rice before getting the 18.5" on Maxx.  I got one last good fish (15.5) in the rice/reeds right on the edge on Maxx.  I got 3 good fish right off of Cane Point. A 15.75" and 16.25" on Maxx and a 15.75" on a 4" Yum Dinger.  I also missed a hit on the Dinger.  The Skeeters got bad by 9:30, so I left.

The View from out front of the lake place as I headed in
16.27lbs for my Best 6 Bass tonight
10 Bass
6 Pike
1 Fin Follow
------------------------------------------------------
At the GOMH I had something hit the Shad Shallow and not hook up.  On the very next cast, I had a good fish on for a few seconds before it jumped and got off.  Probably a jumper

No comments: