Friday, June 08, 2018

Tonight On Platte, Plus GOMH

3.04lbs/17.25 Mad Maxx (Bluegrass)
7:00-9:40PM West Point, Loon Sex Point, Rice East of GOMH
Conditions: 70℉, Mostly Cloudy, SSE Wind
Water Temp: 68-70℉

I decided what the heck and hit West Point for the first time this year.  Don't know why I have ignored it this year.  It's a productive spot. I got one 12 incher on the black/blue craw tube tonight.  I then headed to Loon Sex Point with an option to Loon Sex Bay.  There was a boat sitting on where I wanted to start, so I moved a little farther up by the sign.  The wind was blowing pretty good, so I elected to anchor my way down the point. As I was anchoring for the second time a boat came and started fishing just off the end of the point with a spinnerbait.  I missed my first blow up shortly after that.  I anchored three more times missing two fish and having a couple fish show themselves. but not hit.  I chose not to go into the bay but proceeded on to the rice East of GOMH.

Not 5 casts in and I had a 15-inch bass in the boat.  About 5 minutes later I got a 13-incher.  I moved a little ways West and got the 17" up towards shore.  I then got a 16-inch looking bass that came off the frog while I was picking rice off the fish; it bounced on the deck then flipped itself right out of the boat. I was left with a bunch of rice to pick off my frog. I then got a 12.5".  I then got two 16-inch fish on a place I marked in the GPS a the 16 Hole. I got two more 16-inch fish to the West of there to close the night.
14.48lbs for my 6 Best Bass
How bow dah, not even a three-hour trip and I beat my weight from yesterday.

When I got back in Todd and Kristen were sitting around the fire.  They had been out for a pontoon ride with Mal, Flash, and Sophia.
I went to the GOMH and lost a fish on the Pink UV Rippin Rap.  That was the only bite I got.

Hopefully, the bass will still be in the rice in the morning.

No comments: