Wednesday, June 14, 2017

Slow Morning and Evening Trips

20" Speed Shad (Tinfoil)
5:15-7:45AM GOMH, Culvert, Inlet, Dock, Jenny's
Conditions: 61-64℉, Mostly Cloudy, Wind SE

I got a later start than I should of this morning, not that it mattered.  I had the Chigger Craw get bit off at the GOMH on the NE side just as the panfish guy arrived.  I think that was the only hit I got at the GOMH. I then headed to the Culvert and got the pike after it bit off one of my Speed Shad tails first.  I lost a decent bass in the reeds at the inlet that bit the Bobby's Perfect Frog.  I then headed to the lake place to drain water from the Trophy.  I'd say we got about an inch of rain last night.  Hopefully water levels will come up some over the next couple of days.  I had a pike strike at the Bobby's Perfect coming out of the pads/reeds on Sherman's side and I missed a hit on it fishing from Jenny's access.  I didn't feel like taking the boat out this morning.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Evening Trip
16.5" Hack Jig/Craw Fatty (Sunfish/OK Craw)
7:15-9:45PM To Jenny's Reeds and the Reeds across the way
Conditions:  74-68℉, Partly Cloudy, Light SW Wind
Water Temp: 73-69℉
20" Bobby's Perfect (Brown/Chart/Red)

Instead of trying to get fish to Jenny's reeds I should have fished docks.  Instead I tried what I did and got a couple of pike and missed a couple.  At about 8:15 I headed to the reeds.  I drifted in with the wind to the East.

DERP

15" Ish Phat Frog (Ice)
I missed the first fish that hit the Ish's well, but I landed the next one.  I went in to check out a dock and landed a thick 16.5 doing that on the Hack Jig (see pic above). I tried a few more docks before heading into try the maidencaine area missing one fish on the Ish's off of a dock (pike probably).  I did have one vicious hit there not get the frog.
16.5" Bobby's Perfect (Brown/Chart/red)
I may have missed one other hit before landing my last bass of the night, a skinny 16.5".  It turned out to be a nice night, the fish just weren't very active.

3 Pike 
3 Bass (16.5x2, 15)

No comments: