Tuesday, June 20, 2017

Guiding My Brother Todd Tonight, Lots of misses.

17.5" Snagproof Frog
6:30-10:00PM North Bay, Start Spot, NW Juice
Conditions: 71-64℉, Mostly Sunny, NW Wind turning calm around 8PM
Water Temp: 70℉
Loon out front of the Lake Place
When I was getting stuff ready in the boat the wind came up, which I wasn't real happy about because we were going frog fishing.  Fortunately it wasn't a wet ride north.  The wind made me not stop at double maidencaine like I wanted to do.  Instead we explored North Bay.  Todd had the first bite, but the fish missed his frog.  There was baitfish in the North Bay, but we didn't get any blow ups.  As we were heading back towards DM Point I had a blow up in the curly pond crap.  The fish missed it the first time then got it the second.  I didn't it had the frog and got a bad hookset.  It got off leaving me a big clump of curly on the frog.  I think we both missed blow ups on the point.  As we were getting over towards the Starting Spot.  I was heading us out to move when Todd got the 17 incher.
17.5" Snagproof Frog
Shortly after that we both missed a couple of fish.  Mine was a good one that came completely out of the water and knocked slack in the line so I didn't get a good hookset.  We both missed a couple more blow ups.

Around 8PM we moved to the NW juice.  I missed a hit right away fishing in the curly with some pads.  Todd then had a good size pike hit his frog.  Before I knew what was happening he was trying to boat flip it.  It came off.  He was lucky the rod didn't break as it was at least 6lb fish.  Todd then got a 14" bass.  Then he lost a couple of really good one's.  I caught a small pike, so I didn't get skunked.  I lost at least 3 fish in the reeds and had a couple pike misses.  Todd got a 15" bass.  On the way out I broke the trolling motor rope when I went to pull it up for the night.  Todd landed a nice pike when I was trying to figure out what to do with the trolling motor on a Terminator Frog.  I ended up pulling the trolling motor all the way up on the bracket, so it was out of the water and then tilting it back.

I would of had more fish pictures, but my camera was out of juice.  Forgot that I needed to recharge those batteries.  Oops.

No comments: