Monday, June 12, 2017

Zebulon Pike Pre-Fish #2

15" Strike King Buzz King
10:30AM-2:30PM Zebulon Res. Mississippi River
Conditions: 70-77℉, Sunny turning cloudy about 1PM, A bit of wind out of the North to start turning calm after the clouds moved in.

As we headed up river we came across Bill Ludenia and stopped to talk for a little bit.  Didn't get a bite for the first hour and a half at least and then I missed the first one I got a the Buzz King just after I said, "Come on fish bite."  I got the 15" smallie the buzzbait in the area where Swannie got the big bass yesterday.  I tried a few different lures without any luck.  Swannie got a decent smallie.  Then the clouds moved in and I missed a good one on a double buzzer just after I said the water we were on looked really good..  We ran up within sight of the bridge and went to the Western shore for the second or third time.  Swannie got an eye, which he released.  I got a dink smallmouth and missed a couple of bites.  A group of students got off a bus and started walking down the river as we were drifting at about the same speed.  I caught a pike and a 15" smallie while they were there on the double buzz.  Also missed a couple of hits and we called it quits.  We ran into Bill again as we headed South.

No comments: