Thursday, June 08, 2017

That Was Fun!

17.66" Shower Blows (Bluegill)
5:15-7:00AM GOMH NE SW
Conditions: 58-51℉, Mostly Cloudy, Calm then light NW Wind,
When I arrived this morning
I started fishing about 15 minutes later than I would have preferred.  I only had about 15 minutes before the sunrise.  I caught a toothy on the crackle Jerk Shad and got my biggest jumper of the morning from under the bridge on the Shower Blows.  I missed a hit on the very next cast on the Shower Blows out.  I also missed something that hit the yellow Terminator Frog. I got 1 more toothy and a couple of dinks before I switched to the SW side.
12.75" Upside Down and Backward
This was not a happy fish, tried it's best to stick some hooks in me..  I also got a toothy on the tinfoil Bass Pro Speed Shad.  I spent to much time at the GOMH for what I got.
17" Mad Maxx (Sweet Revenge)
7:30AM-1:30PM Trophy Dam to the SPRO North Shoreline and out a little bit
Conditions:  77-60℉, Partly Cloudy, WNW Wind
73℉ Water Temp

So I ran to the river mouth in Sullivan.  I missed a couple of hits but not much was going on so I ran to the dam.  I was just past the big rock when the 17 incher slammed Maxx.  I got the fish pic, measured it, released it and put the anchor down.  I caught a 15 and a couple of 14's and missed a few blown ups as well.  Also had a little hammer handle show itself on the small Whopper Plopper. Also missed a hit on the Terminator Frog.  I started working my way back to the lake picking off a fish here and there.
16.5" Mad Maxx
When I was about half way back to the river mouth one of the guys who is fishing Tony's this Saturday came in the river to check things out.  We talked for a little while.  All I caught when he was near me was a pike.  He left the river.  I missed a couple of consecutive good fish on wood.  I capitalized on that as I headed out getting several fish on wood on my way out.  I also missed a few good blow ups.  I fished out into the SPRO drifting with the wind getting a little smaller average fish out there.  At 1:30 I called it quits.

8 Pike
22 Bass (17.66,17,16.5,16,15.75,15.75) The high 14lbs probably.

No comments: