Monday, June 26, 2017

Nothing In the Morning, A Few In the Evening

15.66" SBKO
5:30-6:45 GOMH NE, Culvert, INlet
Conditions: 41-49℉, Sunny, Light Wind, Water Level Low
I was greeted by a red wing blackbird this morning.  Didn't get a hit anywhere and somebody showed up and took both sides of the South side, so I was SOL.



I did get a bobber though, so there is that.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Evening Trip
16" SBKO
7:30-10:00PM West of Fall Flat and Fall Flat along the docks
Conditions: 68-60℉, Partly Cloudy, Light NW Wind turning calm by 9PM
Water Temp: 66℉
15.5" SBKO
The wind was blowing a bit to much for me to go into the reeds across the way like I wanted to, so I headed to calm water by the Dogs House.  I got a small pike  off the first dock on an Outkast Jig with Craw Fatty trailer.  I was going to fish docks, but I couldn't resist throwing topwater for the most part.  I did miss a couple bites on the jig.  I got the first bass (15.5) of the evening on the SBKO to the East of the Cabin Dad and I looked at.  I got the second bass (12.75) on my very next cast back towards the Cabin we looked at.  I got a pike on the Bobby's Perfect Frog
 I then had a pike attempt to steal my SBKO.  Fortunately it didn't get the hooks.  A pike then did proceed to steal the Bobby's Perfect I had on the Tatula Frog Rod.  I ended up choosing to not go to the reeds when the biggest bass of the night to the SBKO in front of the Flag Place.  I also caught a dink and a pike there.  I ended by running the Double Plopper Buzzbait and having 3 fish swirl at it.
 Not a stellar night, but not a total bust either.  It needs to warm up.

4 Bass (6.19lbs)
8 Pike

No comments: