Friday, June 16, 2017

Better Fishing Tonight And Quite A Story

18" Bobby's Perfect (Brown/Chart/Red)
5:50-9:40PM Double Maidencaine & Chuck's Point to the NW Juice
Conditions: 78-68℉, Cloudy to Mostly Cloudy some sprinkles and thunderstorm just to the North, Wind from Calm to windy SSW back to pretty calm then windy again WNW.
Water Temp: 72℉

The Schwan's guy didn't show up today or I would have been on the lake earlier.  I waited around until dad got home at 5PM.  Conditions were primo, so I was off to the lake right after dad showed up.  I was fishing before 6PM.  I went to Double Maidencaine first.  I got a small pike on the SK Double Buzz in the reeds as I approached the maidencaine.  I then started throwing the Bobby's Perfect Frog to the maidencaine and was quickly rewarded with the pig in the first picture.  Unfortunately it got hooked in the tongue.  It didn't bleed hardly at all and released just fine or so I thought.  About 5 minutes later a good fish jumped out in the reeds.  I went to see if I could catch it.  Turns out it was the bass who was struggling to survive.  I tried holding it upright in the water, but that didn't help. I don't think it was gonna make it and considered keeping it, but instead I just let nature take it's coarse.

Unbelievably that was the last hit I got in the maidencaine. I did lose one good blow up in the reeds towards the point.  Then the wind came up.  I landed a small pike then had to move because it was blowing pretty good.

I headed to Chuck's Point which was somewhat protected as the wind was out of the SSW.  I think I had a couple of pike blow ups on the point.  I tied on a Terminator Double Buzzbait and got a couple pike on that much to the delight of some kids fishing off a dock as I came around the point.  It got calm again as a thunderstorm rumbled to the North.  I got a 16.5" on the buzzbait and a 16.5" on the Bobby's Frog and got more pike on the buzzbait and frog.  I also missed some blow ups.  Then incredibly I spotted my Ish's Phat Frog, which I lost to a pike 5 days ago in the same general area.
Of coarse, I like a knucklehead didn't back up my pic's like normal then erased this pic when I wanted to resize it.  That is the screen shot of the thumbnail that still exists while the file itself which was in focus does not.  Lesson learned, always back up my pics when prompted to do so.  I can't even guess how the pike got it stuck on a reed 3 inches above the water.  Shortly after I took the picture and got my frog back the wind started up again, this time out of the WNW.  I got a 12" bass on the buzzbait and a couple pike and also lost a pretty good bass on it.  I worked my way over to the juice and had this dandy just annihilate the Bobby's Perfect.
Why I call this area the juice!

18" Bobby's Perfect
A much skinnier fish than the first one of the night.   Here's the two to compare.
I did get one last 15" bass on the buzzbait as I drifted my way out of the reeds.

11 Pike
6 Bass (18,18,16.5,16,15,12) 13lbs or so

No comments: