Thursday, June 15, 2017

Tough Day, Two Trips

18.5" Bright Spot In An Otherwise Tough Day
5:00-10:30AM GOMH NE Trophy GOMH to Loon Sex Bay fishing the South Shore and Docks
Conditions: 58-74℉, Mostly Sunny, Light West winds turning heavy around 9:30.
Water Temp: 69-73℉



9.5" SBKO
I only got the one dink at the GOMH.  I missed a couple of other hits on the Shower Blows knock off.  After an hour of that it was off to the Trophy.  I started by trying docks to West Point.  I had a pike on the Hack Attack Jig just beyond the last dock on the point.  I then headed to the GOMH.  I missed a good hit on the Terminator Poppin' Frog because I wasn't ready for it. I had a couple of strikes as I drifted East, but it was mostly dead.  I started fishing the docks with Ish's and the Monsoor Swim Jig.  I missed a couple blow ups on one dock and then I had the jig get bit off.  I tied on a black/red Terminator Jig and put an Okeechobee Craw Craw Fatty on for a trailer.  I got a 13" off a boat lift and two decent bass (16.33, 15) off of docks.  I also got a few pike.
16.33" Terminator Jig/Craw Fatty
The loon showed up right after I caught the fish
The wind really picked up making fishing the docks difficult.  I did try docks on South Platte Lake Drive, but didn't get a hit, so after fishing about 10 of them I headed in.  I arrived just as dad showed up with Kaylee.  I should have taken a picture of her.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Evening Trip
21.5" Shower Blows (Bluegill)
 7:30-10:00PM The Docks and Reeds across the way
Conditions: 78-68℉, Mostly Sunny,  Moderate to Light  West wind
Water Temp: 72℉

Due to pizza and the wind I didn't get to the Lake Place until 7PM.  Caleb showed up and was going out to try for some walleye.  We put in at the same time.  I headed to the docks across the way catching a hammer handle on the first one.  I got a total of three pike off of the docks. I did get 12" bass off of "the dock".  I did miss a couple of hooksets as well.  I then headed to the North Reeds and drifted in getting a small pike on the Hack Jig with Boss Dog trailer.  I went onto the flat and got a small pike on the Strike King Double Buzzbait.   I then had the pike in the picture absolutely smash the Shower Blows.  Some blow ups in the reeds called me back in there.  I only got one hit in the reeds, but I made the most of it and landed it.
18.5" Bobby's Perfect (Brown/Chart/Red)
It was a tough day

14 Pike
6 Bass (18.5,16.33,15,13,12,9.5)

No comments: