Sunday, June 11, 2017

Short Morning, Lot of Misses In The Evening

Looked Good When I Got Out Of the Car
5:30-7:45AM Trophy to Jenny's Reeds & GOMH
Conditions: 57℉, Storm moved in quickly and I was done

I looked at the radar at 4:30 and all the weather was over in South Dakota and the forecast said it wouldn't arrive until about 9AM, so I got my stuff together and headed out.  It sure seemed dark to the West.  I was impressed with how my new to me Daiwa SV Alphas skipped a swim jig on the IMX 783.  Before heading over the reeds across the way.  I tried Jenny's reeds getting a couple of small pike on the Ish's Phattie and a Horny Toad.  I tried working out from the reeds with topwaters and the thunder started, so I headed in.
Waiting to see if the storm quickly passes
The thunder and light rain didn't let up after 20 Minutes, so I left.  I forgot to anchor the boat and there was the possibility of a couple of inches of rain so I drove back.  On the way home the 2nd time I decided to hit the GOMH and got the Outkast Swim Jig stolen by a toothy.  I got a toothy on the Speed Shad.  Lightening was all around so I left.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Evening Trip
15" Bobby's Perfect Buzz
6:00-10:00PM Reeds Across the way, Start Tree, NW Juice Area
Conditions: 76-66℉, Cloudy turning Mostly Sunny, Light SE Wind to start turning calm then light NW.
Water Temp: 73℉

The plan was to fish in the reeds across the way for and hour then head North.   I actually followed the plan tonight.  I started out getting a small pike on the Bobby's Perfect Buzz.  I then missed about 5 bites on it before landing the 15 incher.  I also missed some bites on a Jig.  During this time I was treated to someone on shore whining about her family and what a raw deal their cabin situation is.  I missed a few more bites and got one more pike before heading North.
16" Horny Toad
The sun came out right before I headed North.  I tried at the start spot and had a few hits, but didn't land anything.  The sun was a pain, so I headed to the Western shoreline.  I missed a hit on the Horny Toad on my very first cast.  About 5 minutes later I got 14.5" bass on the Horny Toad.  Swannie called and we are going fishing tomorrow, unfortunately not in the River Pro.  I spent the rest of the time working my way to the juice.  I had my brown Ish's get stolen by a pike.  I spotted area that looked good and I got the 16 there and also got a 15 and 13.5 on the "Ice" Ish Phattie.  I lost one good one at the juice.  Lots of misses tonight and pike.

12 Pike
6 Bass (16,15,15,14.5,14,13.5)

No comments: