Thursday, June 22, 2017

Frog Fishing Again With My New Scale

17" Mad Maxx (Sweet Revenge)
7:15-9:45PM The Green Cabin Bay
Conditons: 76-70℉, Partly Cloudy, Windy out of the SSW
Water Temp: 72℉ water clarity is down some
I took off the clip it came with and added the Rapala Fish Gripper 
The ride to the West side of the lake got me soaked.  I decided to pull into the reeds across from Chuck's Point where it was calm.  Once I got into the inside weed line where there was a shade line I almost immediately popped the 17incher on Sweet Revenge and it weighed 3.24lbs.  First fish weighed on the scale.  I then caught a small pike and a 13.25" largie. I also marked a log on the bottom.  I started working my way back West.  I missed a couple of blow ups and lost what I'm pretty sure was a pike.
16.75" Mad Maxx
I only then caught this fish because that second hook hooked into it's lower jaw; Otherwise it would have hooked a reed and got off for sure.  I then got a 15.25" that hit it big, meaning I thought it was a bigger fish fro the strike and fight.  I then lost two big fish in a row in the slop.  I got a good hook set on the first one, but it came off in the slop when it started running towards me.  Then I had an absolute pig hit me out in a clearing in the reeds.  Unfortunately it got into some reeds and got off.  I then got my biggest fish of the night that measured 17.5".  For some reason the scale didn't register weight.  I turned it off and then on again.  Still nothing.  I turned it off and on again this time it weighed the fish, but I'm pretty sure it was off by at least a half pound to little.  The fish was every bit as thick as the first one and a half inch longer.  With all the confusion with the scale I forgot to take it's picture.  Oops
I took this pic about a couple of minutes to late to get peak pink.
That is Chuck's Point
I then landed a 11.66" and one last 16.66" out of the pads.
14.50lbs weight for my best 6
I'm pretty sure the 2.71 is wrong by at least half a pound.  I think I tared the weight of the fish and that's why it didn't read anything the first couple of times I tried to weigh it.  Then I tared away whatever weight it is off by.  Live and hopefully learn.

7 Bass (17.5, 17, 16.75, 16.66, 15.25, 13.25) For 15 something pounds
3 Pike


No comments: