Saturday, June 24, 2017

Tough Conditions Caught A Few

14.5" Mad Maxx (Sweet Revenge)
6:00-9:30PM NW, Green Cabin Bay, Chuck's Point
Conditions: 62-50℉, Partly to Cloudy with some sprinkles, Very Windy WNW
Water Temp: 68-66℉
17" Outkast Swim Jig/Speed Shad
I started in the NW Juice and nothing was going on.  I took a picture of the pike because I wasn't sure if I was gonna catch a bass or not.  At about 7:30 I tried the rice field in the reeds and I got a 16.66" on Mad Maxx that I forgot to take a picture of after weighing it (2.53lbs).  I caught the 14.5" next ,a couple of casts later pretty close to the same spot.  I got one more small pike, before I bailed for Green Cabin Bay.

I made a cast up by shore in the junk and scattered bulrushes and a good fish showed itself.  Casting to it proved difficult.  It snapped at Maxx twice without getting it.  Bowfin maybe?  It finally got it on the 3rd hit but got off about 1/3 of the way to the boat.  Bummer it was a good fish whatever it was.  Had a few pike bites, but not much was going on.  I did get an 11" dink out of some pads on a Bobby's Perfect Frog.  I got over to Chuck's Point and got 14.75"(2.11lbs) largie on the Bobby's Perfect as well.  Clouds moved in and it started sprinkling, so I headed in.   With the wind at my back I got to 24 MPH headed back.

4 Bass (7.25lbs for the 4 I caught because I count every fish, no minimum length)
7 Pike

No comments: