Friday, June 09, 2017

Froggin' Fun On Platte

14" Spro King Daddy (Black/Yellow)
7:15-9:30PM East of GOMH on the South shoreline
Conditions: 78-72℉, Partly Cloudy, ESE Wind but it was pretty calm where I was fishing
Water Temp: 76-73℉

So I finally got out to explore the water where I got my first fish on tournament day.  I started out throwing the King Daddy and almost lost it when I set into the first bite I got.  The line broke about 15 feet up from the bait.  About 4 seconds later the lure surfaced where I could see it, so I went and got it.  I had one for sure pike strike at the King Daddy and a couple of small fish mess it before I got the 14 to take it.  I had a couple more fish just bump it so I switched to a Bobby's Perfect and got 14.5 on that and missed a good hit as well.  I then started throwing a brown Ish's Phat Frog.
15" Ish Phat (Brown)
 I got 4 fish on that (15, 16, 15, 14) and several misses along with a couple of pike.  As I neared the GOMH it was starting to get dark, so I said next fish was my last and a 14" blasted Ish's so I was done.
16" Ish Phat
Full Moon On the way in
It was so nice out and the breeze kept the skeeters at bay so I just sat in the boat and chilled for about 20 minutes after I had everything in the car ready to go.  Very peaceful.  I decided not to hit the GOMH on the way home because there were people fishing there when I left to come in.

No comments: