Tuesday, June 06, 2017

GOMH, Mille Lacs, Trophy

12" Jerk Shad (Crackle)
5:15-6:30 GOMH NE SW
Conditions: 46-41℉, Sunny, Calm to light SE wind. water level low and falling
When I arrived
Dinks were in this morning. I got the first one on the Jerk Shad.  Had several swat at the Jerk Shad and miss it.  Had a couple due the same with the Shower Blows Knock Off.  The Panfish fisherman showed up and was on the SE side when I switched to the South side.  I picked up several dinks on the SW side on a craw tube and Poison.  Fish were 10 to 13 inches and I landed 8 of them for the morning.  The panfish fisherman got a couple as well.  I was driving home when I thought what the heck I'll give Mille Lacs as shot.

1st Cast 14" on Whopper Plopper (Sexy Shad)
  7:15-9:30AM North Eddy's Jetty
Conditions: 65-47℉, Sunny, Light SE Wind
My Arsenal 
So on my very first cast a small smallie whacks the Whopper Plopper right as I am about to pull it out of the water.
14" Whopper Plopper
That was the last bite on the Plopper.  I went through several baits before finally landing a 13" smallie on the crackle Jerk Shad.  I also had a similar sized smallie slap at the Bubble Walker in the harbor.   That was it for my action this morning.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Evening Trip
16" Mad Maxx (Sweet Revenge)
7:00-10:00PM Our Place to the end of the slop past Jenny's
Conditions: 79-70℉, Mostly Sunny, Light Wind SE, 
69℉ Water Temp
14" Maxx (Sweet Revenge)
So I decided to just put the trolling motor down and fish. It would have worked out great, but I dropped the two best bass that bit, a 17 and 18+ that jumped me off.  I did OK getting 6 bass and several pike.
16.5" Mad Maxx (Sweet Revenge)
All fish were on the Mad Maxx.  Lots of fish just looked at it, but a few fish committed to it.
6 Bass (16.5,16,15,15,14.25,14)
8 Pike

The skeeters weren't bad at all.  Just wish I had taken a more steady pic.


No comments: