Friday, June 23, 2017

A Pretty Good Morning


18" Shower Blows Knock Off
5:30AM-12:45PM GOMH NE, Platte River, SPRO
Conditions: 54-66℉, Partly to Mostly Cloudy, Very Windy WNW
Water Temp: 69℉

I started off the morning at the Grumpy Old Man Hole with the Shower Blows knock off.  Wasn't surprised when it got hit.  Was surprised when it was a golden bullhead.  It even jumped like a jumper.  I didn't have anything to keep the fish in, so I released it.  I then got a 14.75" and 11.75" jumpers on the SBKO and I had a good one miss the lure as well.
14.75" Mad Maxx (Sweet Revenge)
I got this bullhead in the tube on Mad Maxx.  I missed a few hits on a Chigger Craw then got it snagged and had to break off.  I had one dink get off on the SW side on a craw tube.  Also was lucky a toothy didn't break my line with the way it was frayed. I stayed way to long, leaving at about 10 to 7AM.
I took the Trophy straight to the dam area in the river and caught a skinny 17.5" bass on my very first cast. I think I might have missed one more bite before I started moving towards the lake.
17.5" Mad Maxx

21.5" Mad Maxx
16.5" Mad Maxx
17.5" Mad Maxx
I caught some good fish in the river, but no giants.  It was really windy, so I did a lot of anchoring.  Then I would move with the "ice cream truck approach" to help keep the rice off the trolling motor.  I did get one bass on the Hack Attack Jig after missing a few.  I had to tighten the side screws which had come loose.
I told the fish this noise was the ice cream truck
Once I got out of the Platte River I drifted for a while in the Sullivan Platte River Outlet area and missed a few blow ups and caught a couple of 14 inchers.
16.73lbs for my biggest 6 Bass this morning
It was a pretty good good morning of fishing considering conditions.
19 Bass with 16.73lbs for my best 6
1 Bowfin
1 Golden Bullhead
1 Pike

No comments: