Saturday, June 10, 2017

Less Bites Bigger Fish

17.25" Ish's Phat Frog (Brown)
7:15-10:00PM Green Cabin Bay & NW Bay Juice
Conditions: 82-74℉, Sunny, SW Wind
Water Temp 75℉

I changed plans while under way.  I decided to try Chuck's Point.  I got a small pike on the Grass Pig and had something get off in the reeds.  Activity called me West.  I lost a good fish off of a point of pads.  I then landed the 17.25 from the same general area.  I had some pike try and get the frog unsuccessfully as well. Activity called me South.
17" Hack Attack Jig/Craw Fatty
This fish missed the Ish a couple of times before I got it on the Hack Attack Jig with Craw Fatty trailer.  I also had a good blow up that didn't go for the Jig.  I also caught a dink in those shallow reeds.  I motored back to Chuck's Point.  Had a pike try to get the frog and missed something substantial out of a thicker reed patch near shore.  Light was quickly fading and I wasn't getting any action so I motored North to the juice.  There was lots of activity there
16.75" Ish's Phat
This fish annihilated the bait.  I had one other hit before the skeeters got to be to much.
The moon on the way back in just as it rose over the horizon
4 Bass (17.25, 17, 16.75, 10)
4 Pike

No comments: