Thursday, June 30, 2016

Not Much Opportunity, But I Capitalized.

100% Bite to land ratio on frogs today
5:15-7:30AM GOMH NE SW Lake Place Dock
7:45-9:15AM Peavy Dock
Conditions: 64-58 degrees, Cloudy some light rain, Calm and light wind out of the NW going back to calm

I started fishing on the NW side of the Grumpy Old Man Hole.  A fish gave it's position away over by the closet buoy along the rice. It took me a couple minutes to pick up the frog.  Then it took about 10 minutes of throwing for it, but it sucked down the frog eventually and I put the hooks in him.  My reeling him in through the rice wasn't exactly a work of art, but I got it in.
15.5" Spro Bronze Eye black/red
I did also get a couple hits on the Chigger Craw on the SW side, but didn't hook up.

I went to the Lake Place Dock and didn't get a hit.

I then went to Peavy Lake's Dock.  I took out the Loon Plopper and it wasn't hardly Plopping, mostly just rolling the whole lure.  Don't know what the deal is.  I think I'm going to send it back to River2Sea.  I couldn't get a hit on topwater so I tried the Poison and a Chigger Craw.  I didn't get any hits on those.  It calmed back down and a fish showed itself.  In that same general area I caught this fish about 15 minutes later.
13" Strike King KVD Sexy Dawg
That was the only hit I got at Peavy.  4 hours for 2 fish may seem like pretty sucky fishing, but I was the only one out and it was quite peaceful. I have no complaints.

No comments: