Friday, July 01, 2016

Slop Slip Is At The Lake Place

Darn Boot Thieves  
8:15-9:45PM
Conditions: Temps in the 60's, Light NE wind turning calm, partly cloudy

I've moved the Slop Slip over to the Lake Place on Platte where it's more likely to be used by me now that I am also using the Trophy.  After quickly fishing the dock area not getting anything I paddled out off the reed point.  I forgot my GPS, doh!  Actually it's not that hard to figure out what's what and where I am out there.  My hope was to get some Plopper Fish tonight.

The tail on the Loon Whopper Plopper spun better today, so I decided to put the hooks back on it.  It worked again.  So glad I didn't mail it back to River2Sea today.  I couldn't get a hit on either Plopper and not wanting a skunk I went to the Pure Poison.  I noticed the boot get stolen of the Swim Fluke Jr. trailer.  A couple of casts later a pike grabbed the trailer as I was lifting the Poison out of the water.  I had it above the gunnel when the plastic ripped and the fish went back in the lake.  That is when I took the picture.  I put another Swim Fluke Jr. on.  About 15 casts later I had another pike hooked and well above the gunnel when it got off.  The sun was going down and the wind quit.  I started throwing topwater again.  I had 2 hits on the white/red Plopper not hook up.  I had one fish miss a Stanley Phantom a couple of times on the same retrieve and I had three separate fish not hook up on the Loon Plopper.  Bummer!

No comments: