Sunday, June 12, 2016

Storm Scarred Me Off

17.25" Strike King Pure Poison w/Swim Fluke Jr.
4:30-6:00AM GOMH NE side
Conditions: 60-58  degrees, Windy out of the N NE, Mostly cloudy turning overcast with approaching minor thunderstorm

Beautiful sunrise:


Blogged 3 days later.

I think I got a 14" jumper on a Sexy Shad Jerk Shad about 20 minutes in.  I was thinking about switching sides at 5:00AM, but the guy who was there on Fri morning showed up.  It worked out OK because I got two toothy's and the good sized jumper on the Pure Poison.  The jumper was in the tube and one of the pike was outside for sure.  I was going to go and try the SE side, but then a cloud to ground that I saw sent me to the car instead.

I did try Bulldog very briefly and considered going to Peavy, but decided against it.  The thunderstorm turned out to be a nothing burger, should have waited it out.

No comments: