Tuesday, June 21, 2016

Dock Put In, Got A Couple Bullheads at the GOMH in the Afternoon

Todd and Ben working on the dock
After not fishing yesterday the plan for today was for me to hit the GOMH before through past sunrise catching what I could.  Then go home eat breakfast and relax.  Then go help put in the dock at 9AM.  Didn't happen because I couldn't get myself up for going fishing or to get the dock in at 9AM.  I finally woke up at about 10am and was over at the Lake Place by 10:45 or so.  I was surprised they had the dock in the water already.  Apparently Todd came up with a solid plan for putting the log back on the concrete base.  The log came off of the concrete base due to wave action when we had high water in 2011 or 2012.   I'm not going to explain how all that fits together to allow us to get the dock in the water because I'm not even sure how it works.  It involves a pulley that is anchored to the log.  Anyway the dock is in.  The wind kept me from effectively being able to fish.  I helped out a little bit as well.

3:30-4:45PM GOMH SW
Conditions: Low 80's, mostly sunny, windy out of the SW so I didn't really notice it.
17" H2O XPress CRM Bluegill
14.75" Chigger Craw GP
  The heat started getting to me so I left.
In the evening dad looked into the Trophy to try and figure out my motor's problem.  Right now he suspects it's the fitting that hooks to the fuel line

No comments: