Tuesday, June 07, 2016

My Low Expectations Were Exceeded This Morning



Camera took this picture while on the fritz
4:45-8AM
Condtions: Cool 55-44, Sunny, Light Wind NW

After fishing for half an hour on the NE side with just one small toothy to show for it.  I wasn't optimistic when I made the switch to the SW side.  I had a fish strike the Shiner Phantom, but was asleep at the wheel and gave a lousy hookset.  I was surprised that this fish wasn't a hammer handle.
13.5" Jerk Shad Crackle
I discovered that I had left one of my pliers on the NE side, so I went and got it.  Back on the SW side a put a cast under the bridge and had this jumper light it up.
16" Jerk Shad
I then got a few more small jumpers and toothy's on the Crackle.  When the fish stopped hitting that I got a few on the Chigger Craw and was left pondering about what I did wrong on tournament day.  The sun started getting in my eyes so I went back to the NE side.  I had a jumper jump me off on the Chigger Craw. I Caught a 14" jumper on my "last cast" with the Chigger Craw.  I then tried various STX jerk baits and got a 13" on the blue back/ clear one AKA Midnight Blue Silver.  That was the last fish.

9 jumpers, 3 toothy's, and 1 golden.  Not a bad morning at all.  I elected not to go to the Inlet.

No comments: