Wednesday, June 01, 2016

Wasn't A Skunk or Muskrat Thankfully!

25" STX Deadly Black Illusion
8:15-40PM Bulldog (Had a pike bite off my craw tube)
8:45-9:10PM Rock Lake (Saw a Medical Helicopter do a U-Turn.)
9:15-10:45PM GOMH SW NE
Conditions: 50's, W wind getting lighter and out of the SW, Mostly cloudy, it did sprinkle some at Bulldog

I thought maybe I was going to get a skunk tonight, but then the Yabbie caught me a small toothy.  With that I went to the NE side. I was about to quit, but then something got blown up in the tunnel.  I decided to fish just a little bit longer.  After my cast landed I pulled the STX a couple of times, then something hit and immediately went to thrashing around on the surface for about 5 seconds.  Then it went back under and pulled really hard.  I thought maybe I had caught a muskrat.  It turned out to be the big golden bullhead.

A couple of minutes after I released it Peter W. showed up.  I didn't put his rod in the car tonight so I went and got it.  When I got back he had been pulling in bullhead after bullhead (real bullheads).  I decided to do a little more fishing but didn't get anything.  I wonder if the golden thought that Black Illusion was a bullhead.


No comments: