Thursday, June 09, 2016

Was Worried, Didn't Need To Be

14.4" Horny Toad
8:30-10:30PM Inlet, Culvert, GOMH SW NE
Conditions: 77-66, Mostly Sunny, Wind ENE

I was worried about possibly getting a skunk tonight.  I decided to do the same battery as the other night.  I didn't get a hit at the Inlet. At the Culvert I decided to make one last cast to the SE side turn and the bass smoked the Horny Toad.  I was very relieved.  I stopped at the GOMH as two vehicles left.  I went down on the SW side to start.  An occasional baitfish was getting hit in the tunnel also there was a blow up or two out in the rice beds way outside of casting distance.  A fish hit something across the way along the wall.  I cast the Chigger Craw and had a 15" or so jumper on, but it got off the second time it jumped.  Poor hookset on my part.

A pontoon came through and it was starting to get dark, so I went to the NE side where I would be in the wind.  I should have started with the Poison, as I lost a 1/8oz tungsten weight and Chigger Craw.  Didn't feel a thing. My line was just cut clean.  I then threw the Poison and didn't have a hit.  I switched to the Jerk Shad.  It took a little while, but I got me some gold.
18"  Jerk Shad Crackle
About 15 to 20 minutes later.  I had something hit and get off right by my feet.  On the very next cast in to the tunnel I had this fish smoke it.
21.25" Jerk Shad Crackle
   The fish got beat up from flopping on the rocks.  Getting the hooks out was a challenge and took me a while.  I decided to throw it in the pail with the other one.  I fished for about 15 more minutes then quit.

No comments: