Tuesday, June 14, 2016

Only Jumpers This Morning, Well Kind of.

15.25" Chigger Craw
4:45-7:15AM GOMH NE SE
Conditions: 58 degrees, Cloudy, Quite Windy out of the ENE

It's pretty light out now at 4:45 so I should have left earlier.  I had a 15" of so jumper that I think was snagged under the jaw jump and get off about 10 minutes in.  It was a bite from the Lake not the tube.  I did hear a couple things get hit in the tube, but I couldn't get them to bite. I was thinking about going to the other side, but a car showed up at about 5:05.  I put on the LiveTarget Popper and had a fish hit it, but I couldn't tell it got it and I missed the hook set.  After not getting anything for the next twenty minutes I went down to the SE side.

It was a couple on the SW side catching a kind of bullhead that I haven't seen in weeks and man were they catching them.  Fastest bite I've seen all year.  I thought out my casting angle problem a little better and stood down on the rocks, as close to the tunnel as I could get.  It worked for me and there was a school of jumpers in the tube.  I landed 4 of them on the Chigger on missed and missed about as many.  They started with the 15.25 and progressively got smaller.  I put on a small X-Rap to see if I might get what they were catching but I was unable to cast well enough.  I went up on the bridge to cast the Chigger Craw and got bit off.

I went back to the NE side and got a 12" jumper on the LiveTarget Popper and a 14" on the Chigger Craw.

I did go to the Culvert and Inlet, but didn't get anything.

No comments: