Sunday, June 26, 2016

Catch & Release Works

17" Whopper Plopper
I swear it's the same fish I caught yesterday morning
8:00-9:35PM GOMH NE
Conditions: 75-70 degrees, Windy WNW, Mostly sunny, water level up a bit, but not much

First I went to the Culvert, nothing there.  So then I went to the GOMH where Nice Old Man George was fishing a Scum Frog.  I told him about my luck over the rice so far this year.  We talked for about 15 minutes then I went down on the SW side.  Didn't get anything there.  Went to the NE side.  I got the 17"er just as I was coming by the near corner.  Same fish as yesterday, I'm sure of it.

I got this plate along the near wall on the Chigger Craw.
8.5" Chigger Craw

A fish hit something in the rice across the channel.  Eventually I got to throwing the Ish's Popper for it.  Something got hit just out from the rice right in line with my cast at the time.  I worked it off of the rice and got hit, but missed the hook set, doh.  So I went and practiced my hook sets for a little while.  I had a small jumper hit at the frog as I was bringing it back in.  I paused the frog and it came back and got it.  I set the hook and pulled the little out of the water on the hookset, but I didn't stick him.  I missed another fish farther to the East in the rice (Maybe I'll get this fish tomorrow).  I came back to the NE GOMH and had a very dogfish like fish nip at the frog a couple times but not get it.  I tried for it with the Poison but was unsuccessful;  I did however, pull this skinny bullhead from under the bridge on it..
17.25" Pure Poison w/Swim Fluke Jr
A noisy girl and her boy friend came over from the South side and started fishing on the NW side.  It was about time for the skeeters to come out, so I left.
 

No comments: