Friday, June 17, 2016

Didn't Get Skunked

15.75" LiveTarget Popper
8-9:30PM
Conditions: 65 degrees, Post-storms, cloudiness all over the place, same with light winds.

Didn't get out in the morning because I went to bed.  Didn't get out tonight in the Trophy because we had thunderstorms move through and I procrastinated to much in getting ready after they passed.  I decided that my best shot to avoid a skunk tonight was to hit the GOMH first.  Fortunately no one was there fishing.  I went down the SW side.  I threw the LiveTarget Popper under the bridge and had a 13" class fish take it, but it jumped and got off.  On the very next cast the fish in the cast silently slurped the Popper, the fish was just on and put up a good fight.  I thought I had a pike miss the Crackle Jerk Shad.

On the NE side I think I had a hit in the tube on the white POison and something took a shot at the Spro as I was bringing it over the rice.  That was it.

No comments: