Tuesday, June 28, 2016

GOMH, Mille Lacs, & Rock With Mal & Todd

5:15-6:45 GOMH SW
7:00-8:30 Mille Lacs
Conditions: Temps Low 60-high 50's, Calm or very light breeze, Partly to mostly cloudy


14" Chigger Craw
Not the the best sunrise ever, but solid pink/purple in the clouds.  I got the one jumper and an orange bullhead on a Cubby.
(Click on picture to see larger)
Came across this pheasant with about 6 chicks on the way over to Mille Lacs.  They didn't jump into the ditch right away, so I grabbed the camera to take their picture.  Of coarse the chicks jumped in the ditch then. I can still see a couple of them just to the right of the rooster (They are grey).

I didn't even have a sniff at Mille Lacs.

Rock with Todd and Mallory
10-11:30Am or so
Conditions:  Temps in the 60's, Clouds and warm sun, calm or a very light S wind

I figured my best shot at getting Mallory some fish was to take her out in the Trophy at Rock Lake. Todd got the first fish, a Platte/Sullivan Special on a spinnerbait.
Then Mallory got a sunfish thanks to a little help from me.

Todd got another small pike and Mallory got 3 more sunfish.

Well fishing wasn't great, but we got some

After I took them back in.  I missed yet another fish on the white Poppin' Phattie.  It hit about 5 feet out from the rice.  It was at least a 17" bass.  I got a descent hook set.  That was the only hit I had.  Then I went out and ran the motor.  Not working correctly, but it it runs.  Dad and I got it back on the trailer.

I then stopped by the cabin.  Mallory was out with Kristen on the paddle board.  I should have taken a picture of them, but didn't think of it.  I missed a couple more hits on the Phattie.

No comments: