Friday, June 24, 2016

Hittin' the Plopper at the GOMH Tonight

14.25" Whopper Plopper
8:15-9:00PM GOMH NE
9:10-9:40 PM Lake Place Dock

There was a family fishing on the South side of the bridge when I arrived at the GOMH tonight.  I went down on the NE side.  I put a different Fuego Reel Reel on my new 7'4" TD Zillion Heavy Swimbait Rod after the mistake yesterday.  I was able to cast out the Piranha a few times out into the lake without a backlash, so I put on the Whopper Plopper.  First cast to the opposite side of the bridge and the 14.25" jumped on it.  A few casts later into the tunnel and I had another one.
16.25" Whopper Plopper
   It was a beat up fish, but it fought well.  I had a toothy bite off the white Poison out over the channel and I missed a bite in the tube on the Chigger Craw.  The family left, but I didn't fish the S side. Mistake!

I went to the Lake Place and the only bites I got there was most likely a pike in the open water out from Sherman's dock.

No comments: