Saturday, June 25, 2016

GOMH & Peavy

17" Chigger Craw
5:15-8:45AM GOMH, Rock, Peavy
Conditions: 74-69 degrees, Windy to Very Windy out of the S, Sun and clouds

The guy who was there last weekend, was there when I arrived this morning.  I didn't go down and talk.  Just went straight to fishing.  They didn't want topwater.  I had a 15-16" throw the Chigger Craw back at me on the first cast with it.  I got the 17" along the near wall and a 9" dink on the Chigger out in the channel.  I was hung up for quite a while, but I got my tungsten sinker back, which I immediately replaced with a steel one.  I noticed the reel handle was loose on my Fuego on the Swimbait Rod.  The cap had come off of the reel handle.

I didn't get anything at Rock and only fished for maybe 20 minutes in the wind.  I decided to hit Peavy.  I had something hit the Plopper but not hook up.  I got 2 dink bass and a small pike.  I fished at Peavy for at least and hour.

Came home and got the reel fixed and got the boat motor to work, fingers crossed.

 

No comments: