Saturday, June 18, 2016

OK Morning At the GOMH & Mille Lacs

18.5" Whopper Plopper Bone/Red
5:15-6:15AM GOMH NE
6:30-8:00AM Mille Lacs
Conditions: Mid to to low 60's, Partly Cloudy to mostly, Calm with a NNE light wind coming up after I got the chunk smallie after 7AM.
When I arrived this morning
The experience with mosquito's on Thurs. morning didn't have me rushing out the door this morning.  I arrived at about 5:15 and a truck was there.  Same guy who was there last weekend and I think he had the guy who got the bullheads this week with him.  They hadn't gotten anything yet.

I went down on the NE side and couldn't get anything to take the LiveTarget Popper.  I then grabbed the Poison and quickly caught a 15" and then a 16" jumpin' bullhead.
15" Poison w/Swim Fluke Jr. White

16" same Poison
I might have had one more hit in the tube.  By 6, it was clear I had caught what I could.  I did briefly try a frog on the SE side.
Glass calm when I arrived
 Since no one was on the Jetty I took the North Jetty.  I started out with the Whopper Plopper.  Nothing in front of Center Jetty.  The big one hit in the same area as I got the 20.5".  The Mojo Crankster really handles those Smallmouth well.  I landed it in the same place I landed the 20.5".
1st picture I took
 The camera ran out of juice after I took the second shot.  I thought I had clipped the tail in that one and I did.

I slowly worked my way North, should have gone quicker, because by the time I got back to the N harbor mouth the wind had started up.  I picked up the LiveTarget and managed to get a small smallie to hit it even though I had a cross wind.  The fish ran toward me full speed and I couldn't really keep up.  When I did catch up to it, it jumped and got off.  It was 12" class fish.

I went through a few lures and got a pike on the Crackle Jerk Shad.  I tried a couple more lures than called it a morning.

No comments: