Wednesday, June 08, 2016

Something Big This Morning Took My Crankbait


4:45-8:15AM
Conditions: Cool 44-55, mostly sunny, light SE wind
14.75" Jerk Shad
First jumper of the morning was the biggest and the only fish I got on the NE side.  I did miss some hits in the tunnel on the Spro Frog.  I tried making topwater work to no avail on the SW side.  I then put on my old Bass Pro Shops Flat Shallow Diver and boy did I hook into something. I couldn't turn it and it swam off with my crank when the knot gave way under major pressure.  I figure it was either a big carp or a big snapping turtle. I then caught 4 small jumpers on a craw less Chigger Craw and missed as many more.  I got a small toothy on the parrot X-Rap and 1 last jumper on a b/b Chigger Craw.  I saw a small toothy on the NE side.
Somebody left 4 nice bullheads on the bridge.

I did try the culvert and Inlet.  Missed a pike at the Inlet.

No comments: