Thursday, June 02, 2016

Pike Fest At the Inlet in the AM

12.75" Yabbie
Getting the skunk out of the way.
4:45-8:00AM GOMH NE SW & Inlet
Conditions: LOw 50's, Cloudy, light W wind, Cloudy briefly some light rain turning mostly cloudy

When I arrived there were a couple of bullheads on the sidewalk down to the NE side.  They were still breathing so I threw them back.  After not getting anything to take a jerk bait or topwater I went to the Yabbie and got the small jumper.  I switched to the SW side and got a 14" pre-spawn jumper on the bone  Phantom.  I also got a 20.25" toothy on a b/b craw tube.

I then left the GOMH, nothing at the Culvert.

At the Inlet I missed the first two strikes on the S side on the Poison.  Then I picked up 3 pike.  I had the craw tube get bit off on the North side of the road.   I then got 3 pike on the Chart Shad Jerk Shad on the S side of the road.  I got a 17" on the Tomato on the N side of the road and got a 21.5 on the S side on the Tomato Jerk Shad.  I would prefer to be fishing bass, but with the low water I'll take what I can get.

Conditions were near perfect in the evening.  I should have gone to Mille Lacs.  I missed a couple of bites at Bulldog and one out from the access at the inlet on the Phantom. Didn't get a bite at the GOMH, but M & B had been there when I drove by on my way to the Inlet.

Hopefully we'll get some real rain tomorrow in the area.  

No comments: