Tuesday, May 23, 2017

Two Trips Today

17" SBKO (Firetiger)
5:30-10:30PM GOMH, Platte River Inlet Bay, Dock
Conditions: 45-55℉, Cloudy/Mostly Cloudy, Wind NNE, Water Temp 49℉
15.5" Grass Pig
When I arrived at the GOMH that farmer guy was there on the SW side.  He hadn't gotten anything.  I got the toothy on the very first cast.  That was it other than 1 missed bite on the SBKO.  I was out in the Trophy by 6:45AM.  I fished towards Jenny's to start and missed a couple of hits in the reeds on a jig.  I then headed to the North Platte Lake Drive Point.  I fished into the SE corner there and started getting hits on my black Phantom, but they weren't hooking up.  I fished back over the area with the chart/orange belly Phantom and had fish hit at that, but not hook up.  Finally I caught a couple of bites on the Shower Blows knock off, which were pike.
17" SBKO
I moved out of the reeds more towards the Inlet and I got the 17" there. I got a few more pike and several missed strikes.  I then drifted back through the area and got another good one on the SBKO.
16.25"
Satisfied I headed in.  I had several hits off the dock on the Brovarney Swim Jig none of which hooked up so I got to see them.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Evening Trip
16.5" Brovarney Jig/Swim Fluke Jr
7:00-9:30PM The reeds across the way
Conditions: 57-47℉, Mostly Cloudy some light rain, Wind all over the place N NW NE, Water Temp 54℉

The plan was to fish the reeds across the way and that is what I did.  First fish that I hooked was a beauty that pulled off at the boat.  I'm thinking 18 plus.  I then got the 16.5" on the Brovarney/Swim Fluke combo.  I decided to throw the Horny Toad and a fish just crushed it.  I laid the wood to it and my line broke.

So frustrating, looks like I will be respooling  that rod.  I then went to the Hack Attack Jig/Craw Fatty combo and started getting some bass and pike on that.  I also missed a bunch of bites.  The light rain that moved in was annoying.  I fished until 9:30PM.

Another good and productive trip

For the day
12 Bass (17, 16.5, 16.5, 16.25, 16.25, 15.75) probably 15lbs or so
21 Pike

No comments: