Thursday, May 11, 2017

Lake Place, Bulldog, GOMH

11" Glow Demon & Crappie Minnow
7:30PM-12:00AM Lake Place, Bulldog, GOMH SW SE
Conditions: 60-50℉, Mostly Sunny, Medium Wind WNW turning calm, water slowly flowing into Sullivan
4.5" T.H.E. Jig (chart/black)
I started the night off of the night getting some pike and small sunfish off the dock at the Lake Place.  I then headed over to Bulldog Lake where I only had one bite.
16" Panfish Chatterbait
  It was pretty dark by the time I got to the GOMH.  There was a guy fishing bullheads on the North side of the bridge.  He had gotten a couple oranges on minnows.  I went down to the SW side.  I got this Rock Bullhead.
7.5" Glow Demon & Minnow
Peter and Matt W. showed up and started fishing for bullhead bullheads.  I got me a silver bullhead.
10.75" Glow Demon & Minnow
  Since neither Peter or Matt wanted it.  I gave it to the bullhead fisherman who had one bullhead in the pail and he said he had missed a couple as well.
The agony of defeat

I got a couple more silver bullheads.  It was pretty slow so I switched to the SE side.  As Peter was leaving I hooked into a big dogfish.  It kept trying to swim into the cattails, but eventually I got it into open water.  I got my fish gripper out of the bag.  I was just about to take a picture of the monster when it got off.  It was at least 27" if not bigger. Bummer I didn't at least get a picture of it.  The hook just came out.  It wasn't bent at all.  I fought it for probably 8 minutes.

I got a few bites that I missed and got the 11 incher on my last cast.  A great way to end my panfish season as I don't plan on fishing tomorrow.  I just wish I would have used all my minnows up.  I have about 8 left.

No comments: