Thursday, May 25, 2017

Two Good Trips

19.75" SBKO (Chart/Hrrng Bone)
The Places and Time I Fished Along With Water Temp
 Weather Conditions
This morning didn't go as planned because I didn't expect to catch much at the GOMH.  Instead I spent two hours there and caught 'em up good.  Lesson relearned, until the GOMH proves it doesn't have fish assume it does.  I caught this skinny 18" fish first in the tube than got the big one fishing out.  It didn't get the SBKO the first time.  I cast back and she went for it again.  I also got a 16.5" on the SBKO.

Instead of fishing North Center Bay I called an audible and went to the docks across the bay.  I started in the NE corner working my way West.  I put the SBKO into a tree that is in the water. Missed a good cast by inches on that one.  I had a pike take a Hack Jig at "The Dock".  I was just about to give up and head to the North Bay when I backlashed the Jig with Boss Dog.  As I was taking it out I felt a tug and immediately set the hook into a 15" fish.  Hmmm, they wanted the bait just laying there.  I took that clue and landed a few more 15".  I also fished the reeds across the way and got the Hack Jig bit off at the maidencaine patch.  I think I got 1 bass in the reeds and missed a few bites.

I finished off the morning off by going to West Point and getting a 14" and a dink off the dock that is on the juice.

For the Morning
18 Bass, 6 Biggest (19.75, 18, 16.25, 15.5x3) 17lbs or so
5 Pike
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
18.1" Horny Toad (Pump/red)
 

So in the evening I went with my plan from the morning: Starting at Double Maidencaine Point and fishing North Center Bay.  The fish, pike and bass, were in there pretty thick.  Caught a bunch and missed a bunch all on the Horny Toad, either black, white, or watermelon red fleck.  Most fish were in the NE corner.

11 Pike
11 Bass (18.1,16.5,16.5,15.66,15.5,15)  15lbs or so   

No comments: