Monday, May 08, 2017

No Silver Tonight

7.5" T.H.E. Jig (black/white)
6:30-10:45PM GOMH NE SW SE
Conditions: Mid to low 50's, Cloudy with about 15 minutes of sprinkles, E wind but it was calm for a while as well.

Tonight the forecast called for rain with possible thunderstorms.  That apparently kept everyone away, but me.  It did sprinkle for a bit and I heard a couple thunder claps far away to the SW, but that was it for inclement weather.  It was a night the fish really should have been on the chew.  I just don't think a lot of fish are hanging out at the GOMH right now for some  reason.
16" Wildeye Swim Shad
I started out on the NE side and got a a couple toothys and jumpers there in the half hour I fished there.  I then moved to the SW side where this little guy was sitting.
I wonder what happened to break his shell like it was.  Maybe a snapping turtle???
11.5" Minnow on the Cubby Rod
 I got a couple small jumpers on the Cubby Rod with a minnow.  That 11 incher spit up 3" shiner minnow.  I then got a couple 7" orange bullheads on the crappie minnows, so I went and got the long rod out of the car.  I only got the one 7.5" orange on THE Jig, but I did miss several bites.
16.5" Panfish Chatterbait
I also got several jumpers and a couple toothys on the Swim Shad and the Panfish Chatterbait.  I eventually switched to the lighted bobber.  Oh yeah, someone left a perfectly good Custom Jigs and Spin Glow Demon on the step. Score!  I wasn't getting hit on the SW side so I went to the SE side.  I missed about 4 hits over there that took the bobber down and there were a couple quick hits that didn't come back to get the minnow.
Muskrat Sleeping on the NE hill
I went back to the NE side and didn't have any bites there.  I was getting cold in the wind so I gave up.

No comments: